ACADEMY OF INTEGRATED CHRISTIAN STUDIES (AICS)
Shekina Hill, P.O. Box – 80, Aizawl – 796001 Mizoram
The Academy of Integrated Christian Studies (hereinafter AICS), a BD level theological was established by the Baptist Church of Mizoram in 2000 under the leadership of Prof. Dr. R.L.Hnuni.
AICS is established with a mission to provide a Contextual, Biblical, Holistic and Quality theological education to men and women in order to meet the need of the churches in the twenty first century in North East India. Its commitment to the development of contextual theological education is to study and address issues arising from the context so that theological education may become relevant and effective. Its commitment to biblical theological education means loyalty to the biblical principle and values. Its commitment to Holistic Theological Education is indicated by the name of the College itself that AICS shall co-ordinate various programs to meet the needs of the churches in North East India. Its commitment to quality education means striving for maintaining the highest quality it could afford in all its programs from its inception. In all its activities, the name of the Lord alone shall be praised.
The Academy of Integrated Christian Studies (AICS) seeks to fulfill the following objectives:
- to train men and women for the practice of Christian ministry for our time;
- to help students in achieving a critical and reflective understanding of Christian faith and in discerning the implications of that faith for the church, society and the lives of individuals;
- to equip students with the required skills and knowledge for the leadership in the church and society;
- to train students for missionaries to do the task of evangelization, church planting and transformation of society in and out side of north east India.
- to promote the spirit of ecumenism among various denominational churches in the region, for which various Protestant churches in North East India shall be invited to support AICS and thereby become members of the Governing Board;
- to work together with other theological colleges in North East India and the Central University of Mizoram for the promotion of co-operation and academic interest,
- to form Mizoram theological consortium with the other theological colleges in the region and thereby offer Post-Graduate courses for the development of theological education in North East India;
- to develop the knowledge and skill of the people in music and singing, especially the indigenous tribal music and songs,
- to study and address socio-economic issues such as sexism, poverty, ecological crisis, drug addiction, alcoholism, smoking, tribal conflict, etc. to built a just, harmonious and sustainable society.
With these Mission and Objectives, we named the college “Academy of Integrated Christian Studies” and started the classes in 2000. The term “Academy” is used to express our commitment to quality education; “Integrated” is used to express the various programs we intend to integrate such as Theological Training, Missionary Training, Ministerial Training, Music Training and Research and Development; “Christian” is used to express the underlying value and the broader approach of theological education we intend to do.
- Modeling of Christ Life
- Quality training based on Biblical Principle
- Academic Excellence
- Skill development
- Spiritual formation
- Deepening commitment
- Efficiency for Effective performance
- Improved skill
- Personality Development
- High moral value
- Sincere and Hard Working Culture
- Working culture
- Willing to work hard
- Institution needs Love, Care and Ownership
- Top-heavy management
- Cooperation in mutual understanding and love.
- Top priority is God who calls us by grace to ministry
- Students are our greatest assets to achieve our objectives
- Accountability to the Church
- Accountability to Authority
- Accountability to God
- Good discipline is always necessary
- Self-discipline is better than disciplined by the authority
- Institutional Integrity
- Personal integrity
- Freedom and responsibility: We should be free and yet be responsible.
- Transition from Family Management to Institutional Management:
- In the establishment period, family management system is a necessity, now we are slowly going to switch over to institutional management
- Integrity of AICS
- Integrity of Personality
- Office Timing: The following timing is followed
- Starting time : 9:30 AM
- Staff Devotion: 9:30-10:00 AM
- Tea Brake : 12:30-1:00Pm
- Office Closing:4:30 – 4:30 PM (Winter 9:30-4:00)
- Office Manner:
- Office is a place to quietly and sincerely work
- Decent dress
- Dealing with students and other customers
- Use of English in the Office
- Use of cell phone in the office
- Use of phone only for official purpose
- Use of computer in the office
- Office attendance:
- All should be regular and give signature right after/before devotion
- (d) All should prepare to work extra as per requirement of the College.